18 APR 2022 · Version 2.0
By accessing/using the Leadoff platform through the website [https://www.joinleadoff.com] (“Website”), you bear the fitness to undertake the risks in investments through the Website, including but not limited to the following:
Loss of Capital
Loss of capital is a potential risk when investing; it is essential to consider how much to invest. Investments in private companies (“Companies”) bear an inherent risk of not assuring full-fledged profits or returns from the assets. For this reason, it is generally recommended to create a diversified portfolio of investments, which will have the potential to deliver gains and absorb capital losses in the aggregate. Please scroll to the bottom of the page to see our Risk Warning for more information.
Lack of Liquidity
Liquidity refers to equity shares that can be sold with ease. However, the Companies’ equity investments are highly illiquid as the shares are unlisted/private and cannot be traded easily on an exchange or similar secondary trading platform. Any investment you make through the platform will be highly illiquid, which means you will be unable to sell your shares until the business has driven towards a successful exit. Even for a successful business, a flotation or purchase is unlikely to happen for several years. Investors must be of the time frame between investing in a business and seeing a return.
Rarity of Dividends
The Companies may most likely be unable to pay any dividend throughout the life cycle of an investment. Therefore, for you to earn a return out of any of your investments, you will have to go through a further sale or such other similar process for which a time frame cannot be ascertained.
The Companies may raise additional capital in the future, and therefore, your shareholding may be diluted due to such an issue of new shares. Any investment you make through the Leadoff platform might be subject to dilution. This means that if the business goes for additional funding at a later stage, more shareholders will come on board, reducing your percentage of the investee company. Another reason for dilution in a business would be due to the grant of options available to employees of the investee company or to other service providers closely linked to the business. It is therefore vital to continue to reinvest in the business, increasing your shareholder percentage.
The Company’s forward-looking statements, containing opinions and beliefs, are based on several estimates and assumptions subject to significant business, economic, regulatory, and competitive uncertainties. Though these statements can be used to understand the objectives and goals of the Companies, such statements should not be considered as undertakings from the Companies and should be considered merely speculative and having a subjective nature.
Investing in Private businesses is always going to be high risk. Therefore it would be in the investors’ best interest to diversify their investment portfolio by investing smaller amounts in different companies in various sectors, rather than investing large amounts in a small company.
You may be liable to pay taxes on any dividends or gains you receive from your investments in the Company, and payment of such taxes is entirely your responsibility. Therefore, you should consult your tax advisor for more information on these matters.
For the avoidance of doubt, in light of your acknowledgment of the above risk factors, you agree and acknowledge that you shall hold Leadoff harmless and shall not raise any claim regarding any of the above.
Risk and uncertainty: Risk and uncertainty are inherent to agriculture. The most common sources of risk are weather, climate, crop diseases, natural disasters, and market and environmental shocks.
Termination of Contract:Risk due to the contractor(s) losing business. If contracts may be dissolved due to any reason, it could play a significant impact on revenue.
Leadoff is a facilitator of this asset class and is not responsible for the failure of returns or any reimbursements or claims. All Fixed returns depend on the weather, climate, crop diseases, natural disasters, and market and environmental shocks. Fixed does not mean guaranteed or assured.
Leadoff is not a registered broker-dealer, investment advisor, lender, and/or money transfer service and does not conduct any activity that would require such registration or certification from any agency including SEBI. Leadoff does not provide any kind of investment consultation or any such services. Please read all documents carefully before you access or use the service. By accessing, registering at the site, and or using Leadoffvices you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:-
• “Act” or “LLP Act” means the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
• “Business” includes every trade, profession service, and occupation.
• “Designated Partner” means any partner designated as such.
• “LLP” means the limited liability partnership formed pursuant to this LLP Agreement.
• “LLP Agreement” means this Agreement or any supplement thereof determining the mutual right, duties, and obligations of the partner in relation to each other and in relation to LLP.
• “Partner” means any person who becomes a partner in the LLP in accordance with this LLP Agreement
1. “Act” or “LLP Act” means the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
2. Accept any modification(s) to the consent, returns, and the schedule
3. To represent investor/buyer/partner in all matters in connection with or arising from the Transaction Documents.
4. Partner(s) are directly responsible for the compliance of all the provisions of the LLP Act, 2008 and provisions specified in the LLP agreement(s).
5. Furnishing of personal detail(s) regarding your investment(s) whenever required.
6. The Decision to include a person as a Designated Partner of Partner of the Firm shall be taken at the time of LLP Registration in India or on the inclusion of a person in a Limited Liability Partnership and Partners will not be appointing a designated partner
7. Partners do not get any remuneration to participate in governing or managing the LLP
8. Sleeping Partners: All the partners other than those appointed as the designated partners of the LLP shall be sleeping partners, and they shall not interfere with the day-to-day conduct of the business of the LLP.
9. The new partner may not be introduced with the consent of all the existing partners. Such incoming partner shall give his prior consent to act as Partner of the LLP.
10. Each Partner shall be just and faithful to the other partners in all transactions relating to the LLP.
Investing in growth focused businesses and projects is a higher risk / higher return investment strategy and carries significant risks including; illiquidity, loss of capital, rarity of dividends and dilution. It should only form part of a balanced investment portfolio and is targeted at sufficiently sophisticated investors to understand the risks involved and are capable of making their own investment decisions.
All trademarks and logos or registered trademarks and logos found on this Site or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners and are solely used for informational and educational purposes.
The material presented in this advertisement is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice or investment availability. It is not a recommendation of, or an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy, any particular unlisted share, security, strategy, or investment product. Investing in the private market and securities involves risks, including the potential loss of money, and past performance does not guarantee future results. Market trends, data interpretations, graph projections are provided for informational and illustrative purposes and may not reflect actual future performance. Nothing on this website should be construed as personalized investment advice or should not be treated as legal, financial, or any other form of advice. Leadoff is not liable for financial or any other form of loss incurred by the user or any affiliated party based on information provided herein.
Leadoff is neither a stock exchange nor does it intend to get recognized as a stock exchange under the Securities Contracts Regulation Act, 1956. Leadoff is not authorized by the capital markets regulator to solicit investments. The securities traded on these platforms are not traded on any regulated exchange.
The website will be updated regularly.
Copyright © 2023 - Leadoff - All Rights Reserved